Sunday 9 December 2012

Repainting a sold piece - Version 2

Commissions come in waves, sometimes you don't get any requests and then suddenly you have three. Currently I am redoing one called "Beach Buddies" which you can see on my website. I don't often like to redo work, because it can be a bit tedious, - plus it's not new creativity. These ones do, however, pay bills too and are often faster to do the second time.
I've been asked if it is appropriate to redo my own original. Is it to the detriment of the owner of the first original who now has an original with a twin? I believe that since the artist retains ownership of the image, of course the work can be redone. Plus artists often reproduce popular pieces in the forms of prints, etc.

beach-oil-painting-canvas

For other work, please go to http://www.sherrymccourt.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment